Sunday, October 19, 2008

Don't Mess with Daddy


For those of you who know me well you will know that I am a dreamer - both literally and figuratively. From the literal sense, I am a very vivid dreamer at night and my dreams, more often than not, are an accurate reflection of things that are happening in my life at the present time. As I have gotten older, I have become more interested in dream interpretation and often take a mental note of my dreams to validate how I am feeling. Over the last month, I have been quite stressed with work and a few important decisions and it has been very evident in my dreams of the magnitude of this stress.

Matt, on the other hand, has been one that often never remembers his dreams when he awakes. So, it was a surprise the other morning when he told me that he had had a very bad dream. Upon inquisition, he said that in his dream he had been standing at the kitchen window when he saw a strange couple enter our front gate and grab Harper from the yard and rush away. He said that he had dashed out of the kitchen quickly and chased after them. I asked him how it ended and he said that he had awoken at that point but after replaying the dream in his mind over and over he had created his own ending and it ended with him chasing the car, beating the crap out of the guy, slamming his head against the steering wheel, whisking Harper out of the car and then punching the lady in the nose just to prove a point. I couldn't help to laugh at the thought of the amount of effort he had put into completing the story, but I also understood at that moment the power of a father's love....even in his dreams.

No comments: