Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Living in a Bubble

There are alot of great things about living in Utah but election day may be the exception. In case you haven't heard, Utah is the REDDEST state in the nation! So red, that neither of the candidates put much energy into campaigning here. The democrats feel like there is no chance in hell and the republicans know they have it in the bag so the presidential candidates figure they can just expend their energy somewhere else in this great nation.

I have been watching the national news over the last couple of weeks and anticipated standing in a very long line today to cast my ballot. But, as you can see in the photo below, I arrived at my voting location (a local LDS church) and wondered if I had missed election day. No lines and no clamor of last minute people convincing you to vote for a particular candidate. Had it not been for the "Vote Here" sign and the American flags, I might have turned around and headed home to double check my calendar. Either way I cast my vote and am crossing my fingers - although I realize that my vote is not going to impact Utah's final outcome.

1 comment:

Jeff Johnson said...

I love the early voting - it made for no lines yesterday!

I also feel your pain - it's hard to be to interested in voting when your vote will not count for the national picture.