Monday, October 16, 2006

You Know You Are Pregnant When.....

You know you are pregnant when you are planning each of your meals with passion and vigor. Even at 10 weeks along, I am once again savoring every ounce of food as if it were my last bite! It is amazing how food, no matter how simple, becomes a delicacy! For those of you who have had babies before, I know you will relate when I say that I start planning what I will have for breakfast the day before during lunch!

For the past week or so I have been wanting to eat eggs, cheese and ham for breakfast. So, on my way to work, I have been stopping in at Einstein's bagels to get a bagel sandwich. After about a week of this and $20 later, I decided I could start making my own for much cheaper. Yes, motherhood has made me both practical and cheap - another change that I did not anticipate :)

So, yesterday, Harper and I went to the grocery store and I meticulously planned my breakfasts for the week. I bought english muffins, egg beaters, canadian bacon and swiss cheese. I figured I could take it to work and make it when I got there. I have been watching those workers at Einsteins make eggs in the microwave and I finally got the courage to ask - "Can I buy just regular Egg Beaters and do that myself?". The very nice person behind the counter gave me the exact instructions on how to make the perfect microwave egg. I'm sure he wouldn't have shared that if he would have known how much business he would be losing over the next 7 months!

I know this is really scary, but I thought about making my egg sandwich all last night and couldn't wait until this morning. Let me just say.... it was a complete SUCCESS! I toasted my english muffin while my egg was cooking in the microwave - (which by the way, eggs are alot like hotdogs in the microwave - they need to be closely monitored because they expand about 100 times their size!). After the muffin was toasted and the egg was done, I melted the cheese and heated the canadian bacon on my muffin (once again in the microwave) and then put it all together. It was pure joy!

So, I would like to send a special shout out thank you to the bagel worker who gave me confidence and courage to cook my own perfect egg in the microwave.... this might save me alot of money during pregnancy!

Until next time.....

No comments: