Thursday, December 14, 2006

Guess What We are Having?

Well the Brace genes have prevailed! Today we had our ultrasound and within a minute, BB showed us his tiny little package. We are having our 2nd BOY! So, I am officially a non-believer in old wive's tales. A fast heart rate, different cravings, the pregnancy glow.... none of them added up to anything of scientific value.

We couldn't be anymore excited to add another "little guy" to the mix. Plus, I must say this baby should be much less expensive because we are well equipped with boy stuff! That inevitably brings up the topic of the "second child syndrome" who gets all of the hand me downs! Of course there will be a bit of sharing things that were barely used, but we promise not to have BB living in the shadows of his older brother Harper. We will spoil him just the same.

The ultrasonographer did comment that BB seemed a little bit on the stubborn side and having a mind of his own. He just didn't want to cooperate with our session. He kept moving around and covering his face with his hands. She asked if this was a trait that would fit in to our family and Matt and I laughed. Stubborn - are you kidding, you are talking to two people who are both first born children who already have 1 stubborn son and 2 stubborn dogs. BB is going to fit in just perfect!

Our next task is to begin the arduous process of picking out a name. We really have steered clear from this topic until finding out the sex because we know the consequences of starting too early. You end up with 15 girl names you love and 1 boy name. Then you discover that you aren't having a girl and you panic for the next 4 monthss! But, we have some ideas - so we will begin comparing our lists soon.

Things at our household have been pretty hectic for the last couple of weeks. As with everyone the holidays are always a crazy time of year. This month started off with me spraining my ankle on Matt's birthday by falling down our garage stairs when I was trying to get groceries in. All Matt wanted for his birthday was just a relaxing day without having to change any diapers. I really ruined that for him because he ended up tending Harper all day because I couldn't even walk on my right foot. Matt's brother Jake had to take me to the doctor - after several unnecessary Xrays, they discovered I had stretched or torn a ligament and gave me a set of crutches and "the big black boot." Nothing like a pregnant lady on crutches hobbling around. After about 5 days, I was able to shed the boot and I am walking fine - although I have commited to only wearing flat shoes - nothing that exceeds a 1/2 inch sole. So, as I said in a previous posting, I have clumsy down to an art!

We are busy preparing for Christmas and trying to educate Harper on the idea of Santa bringing "free" toys. He has acutally learned to say santa which comes out as "Tanta" but we are pretty sure he would rather look at pictures than the real thing. While shopping at Wal-mart last weekend, I heard over the loud speaker that Santa was cruising through the toy section and was looking for good boys and girls. Of course I began squeeling through the aisles with Harper in the cart to make sure that Santa knew he had been a good boy. Within seconds I spotted him coming up the next aisle and quickly I turned the cart on two wheels to make sure we were at the end of the aisle to "accidentally" bump into him. As Santa approached, he gave a HO HO HO and Harper gave him one look and went into a terrified, screaming, panic! I think I may have scared him for life and maybe the Wal-mart Santa too! So, for now, we'll just stick to pictures and I will chill out and not make any crazy mad dashes the next time Santa makes his appearance in any store we are present!

I hope your holiday is getting off to a good start and I am hoping to have our Christmas cards and newsletter out by the end of the week. We look forward to hearing from each of you and if you have any fanatasic ideas for boy names feel free to share!

p.s. Below we have attached the ultrasound photos. The proof that BB is a boy is the one that has a little circle and has BOY typed on it. Most of the pictures look rather alien but I still think they are cute - of course, that is proof of a mother's love even at this early of a stage.

No comments: