Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bah Bump! Bah Bump! Bah Bump!

Well today it feels VERY real. We had our second doctor's appt this morning and we got to hear BB's heart beat for the first time (with mine echoing in the background). This is one of the several moments during the course of pregnancy / birth that really makes you realize what a miraculous process creating another life really is! The heart beat was steady and strong.

That was obviously the climatic moment of the appointment - everything else was pretty routine and I am still healthy and gaining weight:

I gained 2 more pounds
I peed in a cup and all is good (who knows what that really means)
My blood pressure was 120/60
And all of my labs came back great - I'm not anemic, I don't have HIV, Syphilis, or any other STD and I am immune to German Measles - thanks mom, for having me immunized when I was younger.

Dr. Sharp said everything looked so good that I should continue doing what I have been doing. I'm sure he isn't aware that I have been gorging myself on Halloween candy for the last week and a half. But, maybe that is the secret!

Also, as a side note, I realized today that Dr. Sharp sort of resembles Harry Connick, Jr. (which is defintely not a bad thing) and sounds just like him - but he assured me that he doesn't play the piano. I think he has heard this resemblance before because he sort of laughed it off :)

I am now officially entering my second trimester - the good times as I remember them from Harper! Still feeling good and can't believe how fast time flies.

Until next time....

No comments: